More Information
For more details, check under Online Service -> Online Reservation -> Software Licenses.

Visa types

If you are planning to study or work in Korea, you must apply for a relevant visa at an overseas Korean embassy or consulate. In order to obtain a visa you must submit the required documents to the embassy. The application procedure may vary according to the embassy or consulate, so it is advised that check with your local Korean embassy or consulate beforehand. The length of the visa is determined by the Korean consular officer.

※ Required documents may be different depending on individual circumstances. For more information, contact the Korean immigration office. Phone. +82-1345

* Source of information: Hi Korea (


● D-2 Visa (Student)
For those who wish to pursue academic studies for a period of time in Korea

Required Documents

  • A photocopy of Passport
  • Application for visa issuance​
  • Fee: KRW 120,000 (Single-entry visa)​
  • Photocopy of Business Registration Certificate of a respective education institute
  • Certificate of Admission
  • Medical check-up record for tuberculosis (changed as of 2016.03.02.)
    (Nationals from the following 18 countries are required to submit a medical check-up for tuberculosis China, Sri Lanka, Russia, Uzbekistan, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Nepal, East Timor, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mongolia, Bangladesh, the Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia
  • Document proving family relations (21 countries)
    China, Philippine, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mongolia, Thailand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Peru
  • Documents for Each program


Required Documents

Bachelor, Master, Doctor

  • Certificate of highest educational qualification

  • (The minimum education requirement is master’s degree)

  • Documents proving funds for stay

  • (Bank account balance statement, Research Allowance Confirmation, etc.)

Research Program

  • Documents proving your financial ability to support living expenses

  • (considering the tuition is paid the country of origin)

  • Recommendation letter issued by the head of an applicant’s University

  • Evidence of your status as an exchange student

Exchange Students

  • Documents proving that you have completed at least one semester

● D-4 Visa (General Trainee)

For those who wish to pursue language training programs at a university-affiliated language center for a period of time in Korea. More information is available under Korean class section (hyperlink). For students who are in transition from D-4 to D-2, one must complete the language training before the semester starts in either March or September in order to switch visa. D-4 visa holders can NOT study at a degree-seeking program.  

Required Documents

  • Passport
  • Passport size photograph
  • Application for visa issuance
  • Fee
  • Photocopy of Business Registration Certificate of a respective education institute
  • Certificate of Admission
  • Certificate of Registration
  • Financial proof (more than 9,000 USD)
  • Training plan (including class schedule, instructor list, a name of the respective education institution, etc.)

● C-3 Visa (Temporary visit)
For those who are going to stay for a short period of time (up t 90 days) for short-term study, tourism, transit, visiting relative, conference, culture, and art, common training, religious ceremony, collecting academicals datum or other similar reasons (The visit must be non-profit in nature)

Required Documents

  • Application for the visa issuance
  • Passport size photograph
  • Passport
  • Invitation letter
  • Alien Registration card copy or Employment certificate
  • Occupation proof
  • 1-year Income Tax Return

● C-4 Visa (Temporary emplyment)
Those seeking temporary employment such as short-term entertainment, advertisement, fashion model, lecture, research or technical training, etc.

Required Documents

  • Application for the visa issuance
  • Passport size photograph
  • Passport
  • Invitation Letter
  • Business Registration Certificate
  • Employment contract
  • 1-year Income Tax Return

● F-3 Visa (Family dependency)

The F-3 visa is for spouse and unmarried children (under 18 years of age) of a student or scholar holding D-1 to E-7 visas (except D-3 Industrial Trainee visas). They must apply for their respective visas at the Korean embassy/consulate office in their home country. 

Required Documents

  • Application for the visa issuance
  • Passport
  • Passport size photograph
  • Fee
  • Certificate of kinship (e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification on family relations records). Chinese nationals must submit a resident card, marriage certificate, or census results.
  • Financial proof (e.g., proof of employment by the inviter, tax payment certificate). If you are unable to submit tax payment certificate, you can submit other financial documents instead.
Campus Life
Online Service
Welcome Center