LabView2015
More Information
For more details, check under Online Service -> Online Reservation -> Software Licenses.
Close

The history of the SNU College of Engineering reflects the development of the fields of study in engineering.

As we endeavor to become a world-class college of engineering. we look forward to your interest and support

2000~Present
2000~현재 까지의 연혁을 알려줍니다.
April 24, 2013 The School of Computer Science and Engineering was reorganized and divided into the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
April 24, 2013 The Department of Industrial Engineering and Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering was reorganized and divided into the Department of Industrial Engineering and the Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering.
April 24, 2013 The Interdisciplinary Program of Offshore Plant Engineering was
March 1, 2012 The Department of Electrical Engineering was renamed to Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
September 1, 2006 The School of Applied Chemistry was renamed to Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering.
September 1, 2003 The School of Computer Engineering and the Department of Electrical Engineering were reorganized and combined into the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
March 1, 2000 The Department of Computer Science and Engineering and the Department of Electronics in the College of Natural Sciences were integrated into the School of Computer Science and Engineering.
January 1, 2000 The Department of Fibers, High Molecules, and Engineering was reorganized into the School of Materials Science and Engineering.
1980~1999
1980~1999 까지의 연혁을 알려줍니다.
1998 The Industrial Chemistry and Fibers, High Molecule Chemistry and Engineering Group was reorganized into the School of Applied Chemistry and the Department of Fibers, High Molecule, and Engineering. The Machinery Design, Aerospace, and Engineering Group was reorganized into the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
1997 The Urban, Resources, and Civil Engineering Group was reorganized into the School of Civil, Urban, and Geosystem Engineering.
October 10, 1995 In Electrical and Electronic Engineering, the study of control relays, metals, and inorganic materials was renamed Materials Science and Engineering, and the existing department was abolished.
1995 The three departments of Industrial Chemistry; Fiber, High Molecules, and Engineering; and Chemical Engineering were reorganized into the Industrial Chemistry; Fibers, High Molecules, and Chemistry; and Engineering Groups, respectively. The three departments of Mechanical Engineering; Machinery Design; and Aviation, Space, and Engineering were reorganized into the Machinery, Machinery Designs, and Aerospace and Engineering Groups, respectively. The departments of Metallurgical Engineering and Inorganic Materials Science and Engineering were reorganized into the Inorganic Materials Science and Engineering Groups, respectively.
March 1, 1993 The Department of Textiles and Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Fibers, High Molecules, and Engineering.
March 1, 1992 The Department of Shipbuilding and Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering.
March 1, 1991 The Department of Aviation and Engineering was reorganized into Department of Aviation, Space, and Engineering.
December 29, 1989 According to Regulation No. 755, the Production Technology Research Center was closed and re-established as the Engineering Research Center under the direct control of SNU.
March 1, 1989 The Department of Electronic Calculation and Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Computer Sciences and Engineering.
March 1982 The Department of Measurement Control and Engineering was reorganized as the Department of Control Instrumentation and Engineering. The Department of Ceramics and Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Inorganic Materials Science and Engineering.
1980 The Gongreung-dong campus became the main campus instead of the Gwanak campus.
1964~1979
1964~1979 까지의 연혁을 알려줍니다.
December 1978 The Department of Industrial Education was closed.
1978 The Department of Measurement Control and Engineering and the Department of Computer Science and Engineering were established. The Department of Civil Engineering was divided into majors in Civil Engineering and Urban Engineering.
May 22, 1976 The Applied Science Research Center was closed, and the Production Technology Research Center was established as an affiliate of the College of Engineering.
March 1, 1975 The Departments of Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, and Applied Chemistry were closed, and the Department of Industrial Chemistry was established. The Department of Architectural Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Architecture. The Department of Nuclear Energy Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Nuclear Engineering. The Department of Materials Science Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Ceramics Engineering.
March 1, 1973 The Department of Machinery Design was established.
January 1, 1971 The Department of Production and Mechanical Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Industrial Engineering.
May 27, 1970 The Electronic Calculation Center was established.
January 1, 1969 The Department of Production and Mechanical Engineering and the Department of Materials Science and Engineering were established. The Department of Mining Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Mineral and Petroleum Engineering.
January 1, 1968 The Department of Shipbuilding and Aviation Engineering was divided into the Departments of Shipbuilding Engineering and Aviation Engineering.
1967 A new science building and Engineering Library were instituted.
June 1, 1964 The Strategic Research Center was reorganized into the Applied Science Research Center.
1946~1963
1946~1963 까지의 연혁을 알려줍니다.
December 16, 1963 The Departments of Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, and Applied Chemistry were established.
July 1, 1963 The Strategic Research Center was established.
March 1, 1963 The Department of Industrial Education was established.
March 1, 1962 The Cheongamsa dormitory (capacity 600) was opened.
1960 The Department of Communication Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Electronics and Engineering.
April 1, 1959 The Department of Nuclear Energy and Engineering was established.
1955 The Department of Mine Production was reorganized into the Department of Mining Engineering.
August 6, 1954 The College returned to the Gongreung-dong campus.
May 31, 1952 The College was separated from the Wartime Joint University and begin its first independent school year at a temporary school building in Seodaesin-dong, Busan City.
1948 The College moved from the former Gyeongsung Industrial Professional School to the former School of Science and Engineering at Gyeongsung University and the former Gyeongsung Mining Professional School (located in Gongreung-dong).
1948 The Department of Metals and Engineering was reorganized into the Department of Metallurgical Engineering.
August 22, 1946 According to the Promulgation of the Order of Establishment of Seoul National University, the Engineering Department, School of Science and Engineering at Gyeongsung University, Gyeongsung Industrial Professional School, and Gyeongsung Mining Professional School were all integrated into one College of Engineering at SNU. The College initially contained 10 departments: Architecture, Mining, Metallurgy, Machinery, Textiles, Electricity, Communication, Shipbuilding and Aviation, Civil Engineering, and Chemistry.
About
Academics
Campus Life
Online Service
Communication
Welcome Center