CoE International Office
2020 Video Contest
CoEIO has organized a video contest for the CoE international members.
Share your story and tell us what you love about CoEIO (Welcome Center)!
All the participants will receive prizes!
For more information, please check our CoEIO website (!

Health insurance 

All international students are required to have a health insurance plan. Students MUST have one of the following three options: 
•  Study-abroad insurance from home country
•  Korean national health insurance service
•  Private insurance in Korea

National Health Insurance Service (NHIS)

  • Foreign nationals who holds D-2 visa can also apply to become a member.
    (※ Due to the policy change in NHIS, D-2 holders are unable to apply until March 2021.)

    Required Documents: Passport, Alien Registration Card, Certificate of Enrollment (D-2 Visa holders)
    Submission in person is REQUIRED.
    - Contact: National Health Insurance Corporation
    - The nearest one from SNU is Gwanak Brach Office (3rd floor, Techno Mart, 97, Saemal-ro, Guro-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea)
    - Requirements: Alien card, Passport, Student Attendance Certificate

    - Tel: 1577-1000 (Korean) / 82-2-390-2000 (English)
    - Web: 
    - Billing is retroactive to the date you registered your residence in Korea.


Private insurance in Korea

You can choose among the major private health insurance companies in Korea. Reference herein to other sites does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by this institution. There is neither interest nor concern shared between SNU and the private insurance companies at all.

  • Private health insurance companies

Campus Life
Online Service